Call for Applications:
2017 Jangseogak Fellow Program at the Academy of Korean Studies
The Jangseogak Archives at the Academy of Korean Studies invites international Korean studies specialists for the 2017 fellowship program. Founded as Royal library in the early 20th century, the Jangseogak Archives strives to facilitate utilization of the large collections of the pre-modern primary source materials in both teaching and research. To this end, the Jangseogak Archives hosts a fellowship program for international visiting scholars with an aim to globalize pre-modern Korean studies.
To learn more about us, please visit: http://jsg.aks.ac.kr | http://intl.aks.ac.kr/english/viewforum.php?f=81
Post-doctoral or equivalently experienced scholars conducting research on pre-modern Korea in the humanities or social sciences with proficiency in classical Chinese
Funding and Benefits
- Round-trip airfares (economy class)
- A stipend 2,500,000 KRW per month
- 50 % discount for accommodations at the Guest House of the Academy of Korean Studies
Roles and Responsibilities
- Fellows are expected to translate sources materials reposited in the Jangseogak Archives or conduct collaborative research.
- Fellows are expected to make at least one presentation on the outcome of his or her research.
- Fellows can choose to stay in Korea from 6 up to 10 months. Fellows should stay at the Academy at least fifteen days in each month.
- Full-time commitment is required; the beneficent of the Jangseogak Fellow Program cannot receive other funding during the 2017 fellowship program.
- The fellowship should commence during June.
- Application form (MS WORD or PDF File)
- Statement of purpose
- CV (list of academic publications required)
(All documents must be in English.)
- March 17th, 2017 (6 pm: Korean Time)
- The final results will be individually notified in early May
- Please send your application and inquiries to: email@example.com
(Applications will be accepted only by email.)